WHAT IS THE CHURCH OF CHRIST?
It is a church that has a biblical name (Romans 16:16). The church of Christ does not wear a human name, but rather it wears the name of Christ. The church belongs to Jesus; therefore it is only proper that we wear His name. It is a church built by Jesus (Matthew 16:18). Man did not establish the church, it was established by Jesus. It is a church that has Jesus as its head (Colossians 1:18). The church does not have an earthly headquarters or any earthly head, it has only one head and that head is Jesus. It is a church that speaks as the oracles of God (1 Peter 4:11). The church does not teach or preach man’s opinion, but rather it proclaims the doctrine of Christ. It is a church that observes New Testament worship and that worship is in spirit and in truth (John 4:24).
IN THE CHURCH OF CHRIST, YOU WILL FIND THE FOLLOWING ITEMS OF WORSHIP:
- Lord’s Supper – Matthew 26:26-29
- 1 Corinthians 11:20-30, Acts 20:7
- Singing – Ephesians 5:19, Col 3:16
- Praying – Acts 2:42 1 Thessal 5:17
- Giving – 1 Corinthians 16:1-2
- Teaching – Acts 2:42, 1 Timothy 3:15
- Preaching – 2 Timothy 4:2
It is a church that practices New Testament baptism.
BAPTISM IN THE NEW TESTAMENT IS:
- for the remission of sins – Acts 2:38
- Baptism puts one into Christ – Galations 3:26-27
- A person is saved by baptism – Mark 16:16
- Baptism is a burial – Romans 6:3-4
- One will inherit eternal life through baptism – John 3:5
God’s Plan of Salvation:
- Hear — Romans 10:17
- Believe – John 3:16
- Repent – Luke 13:3
- Confess – Acts 8:37
- Be Baptized – Mark 16:16
- Be Faithful – Rev. 2:10